Tuesday, June 10, 2008

WTF? Am I the only one confused by this . . .



So I'm flipping through News of the World online and come across a story about Thomas Beatie and his wife Nancy. If you didn't already know, Thomas Beatie is the world's first pregnant man. Upon release of this information to the world, Thomas appeared on Oprah. (Leave it to Oprah to have this wierd shit on her show!) Ever since that day I've been a bit confused by this used to be woman (georgeous woman, by the way) who is now a man, but is now having a baby as a man. Am I the only one confused here?

I am pretty open minded when it comes to people's beliefs and situations but this one is a little hard for me to wrap my head around because I feel like this is one person putting the acts of God into his/her own hands. I guess I'm just genuinely confused by the fact that there are people out there that want and can change their gender so easy but still be able to perform the duties of both the man and the woman. Where do we draw the line? I came to this confusion upon flipping through the couples photo albums. Case-in-point the two photographs I posted along with this. There is a wierd irony about the "pregnant man" lifting weights and shaving! Pregnancy is something that is extremely delicate in my eyes and it just seems odd to see a rough and tough "guy" in such a delicate state, performing these "manly" task! And without a shirt! I'm a little taken back. I'm so confused by this that don't really know how to express what I'm thinking or feeling, and that's so not normal when it comes to me expressing my feelings. So what do you think? I would love to hear your comments!

7 soul seekers:

The Minority Militant said...

Yeah, they hyped him/her up on Oprah. And I don't even watch Oprah! And I'm thinking, how does a man get pregnant? You know what I'm saying? But I don't understand that either. I think this he/she was a beauty queen before he got pregnant. I can't bare to watch this fool.

Anonymous said...

i remember watching this on Oprah and was shocked and...just shocked! if i remember correctly though she/he takes hormone pills and lives as a man she/he still has her ovaries so can technically (obviously-lol) still become pregnant. they even got a little graphic explaining what her/his ummm...parts resemble and how they came to look like that...it was totally a shocking episode where i couldn't believe what i was watching and didn't know what to think...i can't even look at these pics without cringing internally to be honest...

Seeking A Stylist said...

the minority militant: he was actually a very attractive female before becoming a man. It just seems like a case of having your cake and eating it too!

kay*: I agree! These images are hard to get used to.

Britney said...

umm, i agree with you. i cannot wrap my head around this one. I hope i dnt offend anyone but, i'm actually pretty disgusted and I feel extremely sorry for the unborn child and the ridicule he/she will most definitely have to face. I think the mother/father is extremely selfish and that saddens me.

Wonder Man said...

It's interesting to see this, however this situation will be a true challenge to us and our spirits. The child will be fine if we provide an open environment. Sometimes I don't think we realize that we play a huge part in creating negative environments. The parents are aware of their actions, they have already settled their issues with their decision. It is up to us to settle ours.

Seeking A Stylist said...

Faith: I just hope they know how to handle it when the child gets here.

Seeking A Stylist said...

Wonder Man: Unfortunately, we live in a very close minded society. Your theory is true in a perfect world.

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008