Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Problem with Working for a Daily Publication

Working for any deadline driven publication can be stressful but working on a Daily Publication takes stress to a new level. Instead of deadlines being daily, the deadlines are more like hourly. Also a daily publication cannot work without a team behind it.

At the height of a deadline today, the lights flickered, and then went out. Great for everyone else, horrible for the daily pub team. The editor of the magazine decided that since there were no lights in the office that everyone should take work home and continue working. Sounds like a dream come true right? Wrong. While everyone else is high-fiving each other behind the editor's back, the daily pub team is sweating because we have two hours before our daily issue is supposed to go live online. So the daily pub team quickly assembles for a plan of action. Point is, I am now at home, waiting for the writers to email me copy for the pub. What a waste. I'm really glad to be home, but I will be on call for the rest of the evening as we may go past our deadlines this evening. So here I sit, constantly checking email, being a slave to my cell phone, and blogging away. Did I mention I'm ready for the weekend and it's only Wednesday.

4 soul seekers:

SavingDiva said...

UGH! Way more stressful than my job!

SavingDiva said...

UGH! Way more stressful than my job!

SavingDiva said...

UGH! Way more stressful than my job!

Seeking A Stylist said...

SavingDiva: The things we do for job security!

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008