Monday, June 2, 2008

A WTF Moment: What would you do?

I think we all agree that it's harder to raise kids today than any other point in history. I do not have any children but if I did I think I would be a rather strict mother. While everyone's opinions differ when it comes to disciplining a child I think its safe to say that there are some things that you just don't let a child get away with.

I found this video from Dr. Phil clip that shows a confrontation between a mother and her son. I was in shock. Watch the clip below and tell me, what would you do?


4 soul seekers:

Mattias said...

I'm wondering how much of these videos are actually edited.

Anonymous said...

I have a 16 year old son, whom my husband and I have raised honestly and openly - talks back on occasion, but he is 16.

But this, wow, and I must ask, how did it get to this point. We are all human, parents need to take control little of on, and be involved. I think the high stress levels in todays society have contributed to this type behavior.

We had friends that ruled their children with an iron fist, wouldn't so much let the child in the room if the Simpsons were on, got punished if he tried to sneak a peak - he is now 16 as is my son and completely out of control.

I don't have the answers, but if we do not take an active part in the childs life with love and honesty, how do we expect them to deal with their emotions? They seek emotional support in any means they can find it.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how he was raised. Did he have limits? Was he punished early on for breaking rules? Was he spoiled? I believe some children could be raised well and have children who turn out bad. In this case it looks to me like he was given to much power at too young an age. He will end up dead or in jail if he doesn't get help.

Seeking A Stylist said...

mattias: Although it is television, I'm sure this little boy talks to his mother like that. And that slap looked pretty real to me.

Thanks for your comment.

susie: I definitely believe its how the child was raised. It begins with the parents. I definitely believe in raising children to be mindful and respectful but their is such thing as too much. Kids that are too sheltered will act out when they get the chance.

Thanks for your comment.

Dr. Rob: Saidly to say, I agree. But there is still hope for this child. He's still young but he cannot go into his adulthood years with this type of thinking.

Thanks for your comment.

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008