Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Turned On The Work Week?

The infamous work week. It's especially hard to go back to work after Memorial Day vacation. It's the first warm weather holiday of the year and undeniably the gateway to the summer. All winter we brace the cold, patiently awaiting the birth of spring so that we can put those warm weather plans into action. Normally, I stay local, partaking in the festivities that D.C. has to offer. But this year my boyfriend and I decided to do something that I absolutely love, visit the beaches of Eastern Maryland, Ocean City to be exact.

I spent three lovely days doing what ever the hell I wanted to do, sleeping, eating, sunbathing, etc. I even left my computer at home. GASP! Can't say that happens alot and three days of it will make you want to rebel against the machine we call the work week. I had to hold myself back from calling into work and taking one more extra day but instead I found my Tuesday to be filled with much un-productivity as I stared at my three computer screen hook-up at work. Where I should have been doing all the work that I have backlogged, I found myself daydreaming out the window thinking about how great it looked outside and about my amazing weekend. I wasn't even interested in surfing the Internet, which one might think I was sick if they heard that statement.

So its back to the grind. Having a holiday always ensures one thing for certain, that there are only 4 more days to go before the weekend. CLASSIC!

0 soul seekers:

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008