Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starting A Business in the Wake of a Recession

So it's been no secret amongst my friends and family that I have been trying to start a business since graduating in college. Through the years I have been plagued with the daunting process of creating and perfecting an idea and testing whether that idea will be successful. Well friends, its been years but I feel I have finally stumbled upon a product and niche that is worthy of my time and effort. It just so happens that these ideas have manifest themselves in the wake of a recession.

Does this scare me a little? Yeah, a little but I also see this as an opportunity of a lifetime. Any good business has to have a following. During a recession, no one is looking to spend their money on just anything, including the idea that I have. However, I feel the need to create a buzz now, so that when the economy is on the rebound, and people's interest in spending returns, I'll have enough of a following that I can begin an email marketing campaign.

So although the economy is a factor in my every move, I feel confident that it can be overcome. I'm walking completely in faith, so their may be an chance that I am wrong. But I'm pressing on . . .

2 soul seekers:

Anonymous said...

I am sure this will interest lot of folks

The Minority Militant said...

i hope everything works well for you. glad to see you back in the blogosphere. =)

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008